Sunday, October 3, 2010

Good bye horrible week....

Last week was the most horrible week I have had in some years...Let's recap shall we...
Monday...I work afterschool in a remediation program. Someone in that program decided it was a good idea to steal my Blackberry. Steal. UGH! Mark and I drove to Valdosta got everything switched over. About 10:30PM, the night janitor at my school called. Apparently whoever had taken the phone didn't want to get caught with it. They threw it down in the common area. (Well, at least Mark got a new blackberry).

Tuesday...I had someone (UNANNOUNCED) observe my class all day. OMG. I was so stressed out and tired. My students acted like animals! ANIMALS!

Wednesday...I'm sitting at my desk. My students are debriefing and attempting to chillllll from the writing test when a young woman comes in at ask if another student can work on a door decoration for homecoming (yeah...Homecoming on the SAME week as our state mandated writing test....awesome!). I said no because we were busy. The child looked at me...turned around...and said "F**k you". What?!? First, I don't even know this child...she isn't one of my students. Second, are you kidding me?!? I tracked her down and got her written up. She jumped all over our academic coach and the assistant principal as well.

Thursday...one of my seniors got very upset because he is frustrated because he is not doing well. He slammed his book shut (DURING AN OPEN BOOK TEST) and said that he was not "taking this s**t any more" and got up and walked out. Good gosh! We had a major blowout in the office. The principal made him cry. I was in tears because this is usually a good kid. We got it all straightened out, but good grief!

Friday...pep rally day. Let me just say that if _I_ were in charge the juniors would never get to go to another pep rally, assembly, etc. ever. Rude, rude, rude. There were a couple of us who got pelted with peanut M&Ms. Lovely.

I am so very much hating school this semster. I keep telling myself that I only have about 10 more weeks with these...ahem, darlings. It HAS to get better second semester....has to!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I am so sorry you had such an awful week! I have a few friends who are teachers and I admire you all greatly. I know I couldn't do the job that you do! I hope things start to turn around at school. : )

    Loving the Reflection

    ReplyDelete